Monday 8 May 2017

APRIL ROUNDUP

LATE AGAIN - what am I like! I feel like I'm either super super busy lately, or super exhausted/ill. *rolls eyes*. I feel like I've done tonnes this month, (and I wonder why I have no money, ever). Lots of exciting things have happened, news shared, people met etc.
This month kicked off with a trip to the Zoo with my step sister Elly, she's not long found out she's pregnant with a baby girl and we're all kinds of excited. I've never had it where someone close to me/my age is expecting before, its super cool to finally have someone to buy all the cute bits in work for.

THE ZOO:




I haven't been to Bristol Zoo in what feels like a bazillion years. Forgetting Spring time is baby animal season, I don't think we could've picked a better time to go! A picnic and cup of tea after our arrival, and we were ready for ALL THE ANIMALS. My personal favourite was the new baby pigmy hippo (!!!!!).

PARENTAL DISBUTE:








                         
As always this month saw a tonne of pretty dog walks. I feel like me and my friends as a collective are going through the phase we tend to go through once every couple months - feeling the strain of living at home/with parents etc. Its been nice to catch the end of the day sunsets, talk it out together, watch the dogs play, grab a prosecco, and just chill. An occasional breather, from the fact we're drowning in a sea of unaffordable houses, argumentative households, and underpaid jobs - is always welcomed. Its pretty awesome we all live within a close proximity of each other so we have a means of escape from time to time. Speaking of which, the last photo is from one of our dine in nights at Esther's. We're getting pretty good at the whole cooking a meal for more than one person thing. Tasty ones at that! 

ROAD TRIPPIN':








This month I've had a few *super proud* moments. Ever since getting my new car I've found a new confidence in long distance driving, (maybe because it doesn't shake while travelling over 70mph). On Easter Sunday I plucked up the courage to ask my mum and oldest bestie, Maddie, to accompany me to my aunties BEAUTIFUL house, in Tring, Hertfordshire.  I completed the drive there in just over 2 hours, managed to stop over at a services and gave Theo his first experience of stretching his legs and tasting the communal dog bowl of Reading service station. The day saw us having a countryside walk, consuming lots of Earl Grey, catching up with my cousins, drinking champagne and eating a roast dinner. Something I definitely want to make the effort to do more often!

MORE SPRING WALKS:








I don't think these photos really need any text, I'm just so obsessed with this time of year, photography wise. I've never really noticed how pretty everything is during Spring, before this year. I think the fact I now have Theo to walk, definitely makes me appreciate the finer details of the outdoors more. Every flower, tree, or pretty scenery I see I instantly snap it, without really thinking about the composure or lighting etc. (Here are the good ones).

FOOD & BEVS:



Ah Food and Drink, how you are such a staple of my free time. The above photo was at Zizzi's with my step sister. Every time we meet we are ALWAYS, ALWAYS hungry.. I mean she has an excuse, shes eating for two.. I do not. ALAS, this was a calzone with dairy free cheese - don't mind if I dewww. Below was ANOTHER bank holiday Monday a couple weeks back (can I just say how much I'm loving all these bank holidays, popping up all at once). We went to the Golden Heart and enjoyed a cider & some pub grub (while escaping the most HORRENDOUS weather bipolar I think I've witnessed this year).

PLAYTIME:





I don't think I will ever tire of little tripz out with my friendlings. Even though we now have cars, jobs, and responsibilities, I still feel like giggling teenagers whenever we do such activities. Whether it be somewhere more far fetched, or just our local town center. I just love the freedom of grabbing an over priced beverage and bundling into each other while we walk, giggling about the night before. As most people who know me, Clifton is one of my FAVE places to hang on a sunny afternoon, or wonder round in a hungover daze. (See photos above). I couldn't resist asking Christina for an 'OOTD' in front of this very bright and bold graffiti we came across. I feel like I haven't done outfit posts in LITERALLY years, (maybe because I haven't), but its definitely something I want to try and put more effort into again - considering the amount of clothes I have could open a small shop at this point, it might be nice to show them off once in a while...

FUR BABIES:







As always, but especially this month, I have been loving SO HARD on my little mol's (ani-mols). I don't really like to dip into it too much on my blog, because I want it to be a place I can reflect on over happy times and remember good memories, however my depression and anxiety have really fucked with me this month. Even saying 'my' before those two dreaded words makes me feel weird. Me? Depression and anxiety? surely not - (on top of all my other health problems, bladdy 'ell). However, I'm also not really scared to talk about it. This months seen me break down in work numerous times, countless doctor visits, questionnaires and referrals. All good things, in my mind. A step in the right direction. I honestly don't know how people live without pets of any kind. They literally feed my soul with all kinds of good vibes, happiness and hope. (ALSO AREN'T THEY JUST SO CUTE?!)  

POORLY SICK:



I've just about recovered from the dreaded Tonsillitis that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment. It was one of those illness' that seemed to brew so slowly for me. I was SO drained for around 2 weeks, (more drained than usual *rolls eyes x2*), achy and I kept getting numerous headaches (which is one thing I never get!), so I knew something was up, but kept trudging on. Alas, my body failed me at the beginning of May. Thank god for Penicillin and puppy cuddles!
I'm SoOoOo excited for the Month of May, again (like March' late blog post), I've done quite a bit already! Me and Christina are going to Budapest at the end of the month which I physically cannot wait for, I feel like its been forever and a day since I've escaped the streets of good old Bristol town.

I PROMISE TO MYSELF I'LL BE ON TIME NEXT MONTH!! 

Thanks for taking the time to read, 
Madi x


No comments:

Post a Comment