Friday 3 March 2017

URBAN DECAY: MOONDUST PALETTE REVIEW








Finally, here I am getting round to doing a review on the beaut Moondust palette by Urban Decay. 
I'll be completely honest, when I first saw this palette, I really didn't give it much thought. I'm much more into my neutrals, warm shades and natural colours. However, one day after work I decided to mosey on over to the Urban Decay counter in John Lewis, Bristol (love the fact we finally have one in The Mall!).

Initially I was after a neutral shadow I could quickly brush over my lids before work that would give me a little suttin' suttin'. I'd looked online previously and realised that 'Space Cowboy would be the perfect contender for what I wanted. When I went to the counter I began to speak about the Moondust shadows in general and remembered they released a palette of them not too long ago. When I was shown the palette I just instantly fell in love - all the thoughts suddenly rushing through my head - 'Madi, imagine the looks you could create with this... It's not even that expensive when you think about what you get for your money... Yes, you came in for one shadow but, now you could get EIGHT for a mere £15ish more?!' 
So I caved. Of course.

The pigmentation on these shadows is absolutely in-sane, buttery, bendable and a beautiful colour pay off. I find they work to their full potential with using your fingers, or a damp flat brush. I love anything with a bit (or a lot) of glitter involved, so when these shadows were swatched in front of me, under the big bright lights of a department store, emphasizing every. single. flex of glitter - it was NEED at first sight (not to mention it was the last one in stock!). So far I've loved using these shadows on their own, or over coloured eyeshadow. The work perfectly in the centre of a halo eye or as the main glitter/shimmer on the lid. They are quite statement colours and I have to feel quite brave when I wear them, however I feel like with all the colours/iridescence of each colour, whether it be glam, grunge or everyday, theres a look for even the faint hearted. 

I'm hoping to post more makeup looks/tutorials to this blog soon, so keep your eyes peeled! 
Thanks for reading,
Madi x



No comments:

Post a Comment