Monday 19 June 2017

SUMMER LOVIN'

Summer? Is that you?! How awesome is it that it finally feels like Summer here in the UK. I feel like our weather has been in the hands of a bipolar maniac the past few weeks - We tend to have blazing sun at 6am, rain all day, then blazing sun at 5pm. Either that or we're just landed with grey clouds, all. day. AWESOME ENGLAND, CHEERS. 

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT SUMMER:



BEING ABLE TO WEAR MINIMAL CLOTHING AND NOBODY JUDGES YOU:
It's pretty renowned that I'm the girl that will 100% not wear underwear if I think I can get away with it. As soon as I get home from work/being out, it's usually around 5.5 seconds until every garment from head to toe is off my body, and I'm roaming the house in one of my many, XL mens tshirts, (which I'm actually proud to say, none of which are any of my ex boyfriends - you grab that independency by the balls girl, and buy YOURSELF a mens tshirt to sleep in). I just can't stand the feeling of clothes on my body - can you tell? 

EATING ALL THE NICE FOOD:
It isn't Summer if you don't go to at least one food festival during the Summer, right? I'm getting super excited for the Welsh Vegan Festival in Cardiff coming up next month. I've only ever been to heavily meat and bbq infused food festivals before, which don't get me wrong - are great. However, considering I'm starting to make more conscious decisions when it comes to my diet lately, I'm excited to see what's on offer! (Plus it means I can eat all the cake - allergen free yaaaas)




THE FEELING OF THE SUN ON YOUR SKIN:
I think this is one of my favourite feelings in the entire world. For someone with such naturally hot skin, and the fact I'm a redhead - this seems bizarre, I know, I feel the same. However, I think if I were an animal I would 100% be a lion, lying around in the sun, cuddling with my pride, occasionally roaring for stress relief - sounds like a pretty perfect life to me. You just can't beat the feeling of sitting with your face to the sun, or the feeling of the evening sun set beaming onto the backs of your legs. The sun seems to give me an inner glow of happiness and content, which I think is SO needed in our little human lives.

THE WAY IT BRINGS EVERYONE TOGETHER:
Left, right and center, all of a sudden, everyones out, everyones half naked,  and everyone wants to be outside, cooking meat over heated coals. Suddenly, the entire country goes into a mode of panic - We MUST get all the ice lollies our freezer can hold, put on the most impressive BBQ spread we can manage, wear our swimwear in the garden, whack out the summer clothes you've been hoarding for the entire year and Whatsapp everyone in close proximity to see if any 'chills' are to be had, in the glorious 30 degree sunshine. (Which usually takes us a maximum of around 2/3 hours to complain about - Brits ay!). 




NOTHING BUT BLUE SKIES:
Isn't it just the best, when you put your eyes to the sky and don't see a single cloud in the sky? It always reminds me of being on holiday. The air is still, all you can hear are birds tweeting, and the leaves rustling in the occasional light breeze, us flustered, not used to the weather, English bods, crave. That peaceful moment when you look to the sky and feel.. free? Suddenly worries become smaller, the oxygen you breathe appears more clear,  and the rush of endorphins engulf your body. Per-fect-o. I'd like a daily dose please! 

EVENING WALKS TO THE PUB:
If you've got a dog, you'll know its pretty unsafe to walk your dog during the times of the times of the day when the temperature is at it's highest. I usually wait until around 8/9pm to walk Theo when its as warm as it has been. Me and my mum will usually walk Theo down into the Village we live by, which of course has a Village Pub. I've been going to said pub on Summer days/evenings since I was around 7 years old, so its like a blast from the past every time I sit in the beer garden, watching the sun set and sipping an ice cold lemonade. 




As you can tell I'm a Summer girl over a Winter girl ANY day of the week. I almost don't trust the few of my friends that actually PREFER Winter... I sometimes don't even have a reaction for that kind of sentence coming out of peoples mouths - how dare you! 

I hope you're all making the most of the glorious weather we're having, making sure you and your pups stay hydrated, and generally appreciating the sunshine before it all inevitably turns to rain again, *rolls eyes*. Whether it be getting merry with friends, reading a book accompanied by your favourite ice cold bev, spending the day on the beach, or simply admiring the weather from inside because you're a 'THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH" kinda being. I hope you're doing our British Summer proud whatever you chose to do. 

Thanks for reading, as always!
Madi x

No comments:

Post a Comment