Friday 9 June 2017

SOUP FOR THE WEEKEND

When I'm feeling down, I find creating a new recipe or making myself something healthy and tasty to eat, always motivates me and inspires me, not to mention makes me happier, (as most that will know me will know, I love my food). Despite not having the best utensils/cooking equipment, I decided to attempt to make a pretty simple, Roasted Butternut Squash, soup. (Baring in mind, I don't have a fancy soup maker/blender, merely a very basic blender, I usually only use to make quick and easy smoothies), but I thought 'fuck it, how hard can it be? I'm sure I can make use of what I have'. 


VEGAN ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
YOU WILL NEED:

1 Butternut Squash

3 Garlic cloves (I used a little extra cause' I love it)

2 Small Shallots

1 Tablesppon of Coconut oil

1/2 Teaspoon of Himalayan salt 

500ml Yeast/Gluten free Vegetable stock

1. Peel, seed & cube the Butternut Squash
2. Peel the Garlic cloves
3. Peel and half the Shallots
4.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
5. Coat the Butternut Squash, Garlic & Shallots in Coconut oil 
6. Place the Vegetables into a roasting trey and roast until soft, NOT ACTUALLY ROASTED. (My oven is CRAP so it took about 15-20 minutes for me)
7. Mix one Vegetable stock cube with 500ml of water
8. Blend the mixture of Vegetables in a food blender, (or smoothie maker.. w/e), until creamy. 
9. Add the creamy mixture to the Vegetable stock, add salt/any other seasoning you fancy, (considering this was my first time, I didn't go too crazy with adding more to the mix, next time I would maybe add paprika for a kick). 
10. Put the mixture on a medium heat until cooked/heated through. 

ENJOY xoxo



I just put a little pepper on the top of mine, however you could season it with seeds, herbs, spices, rosemary leaves, coriander or thyme - all of which I can imagine would work nicely, and of COURSE you could put a slice of chunky bread on the side.  
To be fair to myself, I can't actually believe I succeeded in doing this?! I know its extremely simple, but I've always thought making a soup from scratch would be difficult, (for some unknown reason). Another little recipe I've made which is actually edible. #adultwin. 
If you do decide to make this, let me know & I hope you enjoy and have an awesome weekend!

Thanks for reading,
Madi x

No comments:

Post a Comment